Venmo simplifies money transfers between individuals, allowing consumers to pay back people in their networks for any reasons. During the design process, we find some pain points through users testing and in-depth interview. Based on the result of the user research, we did the iterative design that improves the user experience around the transaction process.
1. In-depth interviews with existing users
2. Define persona & user journey map
3. Identify pain points
4. Iterate user flow
5. Paper prototype & user test
6. Refine prototype
7. Final delivery ( pitch video & Interactive prototype)
1. Put the personal history section on the first page once user enter the app.
2. Visually emphasize the transaction section, and divide it into two different flows.
3. Modify the layout of each transaction to enhance the social feature.
1. Emphasize user and bill amount to visually reduce the probability of error.
2. Add emoji shortcut to helpuser save time on comment, and add juiciness to the experience. The order of Emoji will be influenced by users history and bill amount.
1. Assist user to split the bill efficiently by simplifying the calculation process.
USER JOURNEY MAP